Medical malpractice is defined as professional negligence by act or omission from a health care provider, in which the care was not to the accepted standards of practice in the medical community. These care providers can include but are not limited to a doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, pharmacist, plastic surgeon, and medical technician.
The medical malpractice cases that Davis Law Group accepts are very specific to certain types of medical errors. We are currently accepting ONLY medical malpractice cases that involve:
- Wrong site surgery – operating on the wrong body part.
- Retained surgical instruments – items left inside the patient causing long-term / permanent problems or death.
- Medication errors – Wrong drug or wrong drug dose given to patient causing long-term / permanent damage or death.
We are sorry that we cannot provide assistance on other types of cases at this time.
Common Medical Mistakes
- Leaving surgical sponges, instruments or other objects in patient
- Operating on the wrong side of the body
- Medication errors
- Post-surgical infections (failure to diagnose or treat infections)
Medical Malpractice Statistics
In a Harvard Medical Practice Study, it was found that more than 180,000 people die every year due to medical mistakes. Medication errors are responsible for harming about 1.5 million people every year for giving the wrong medication, wrong dosage or wrong administration.
If you believe that you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation. A medical malpractice lawyer is the legal aid that you need. Medical malpractice attorney and author Christopher M. Davis offers a free, no obligation consultation. Call Davis Law Group for a free consultation, (206) 727-4000.
Medical Malpractice Articles
- Medical Devices Not as Safe as You Might Think
- Tort Reform and Medical Malpractice: Awards Don’t Impact Cost of Medical Care
- Surgical Mesh: Johnson & Johnson to Discontinue Selling Dangerous Surgical Implants
- Medication Errors Preventable with E-Prescriptions
- Transvaginal Mesh Trials to Begin in Early 2013
- Never Events: Malpractice Investigation Reveals Injection Risks
- Medical Malpractice: The Road Gets Tougher with New Laws
- When a Hospital Kills a Boy l Seattle Medical Malpractice Attorney
- One Person Dies Each Day Due to Medication Errors
- Birth Injuries Affect One per Thousand Infants
Related Case Results
- Medical Malpractice Leads to Permanent Injury SettlementAwarded : $1,600,000
- Nurse Burns Infant and Causes Permanent Damage SettlementAwarded : $700,000