Medical malpractice is defined as professional negligence by act or omission from a health care provider, in which the care was not to the accepted standards of practice in the medical community. These care providers can include but are not limited to a doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist, pharmacist, plastic surgeon, and medical technician.
The medical malpractice cases that Davis Law Group accepts are very specific to certain types of medical errors. We are currently accepting ONLY medical malpractice cases that involve:
- Wrong site surgery – operating on the wrong body part.
- Retained surgical instruments – items left inside the patient causing long-term / permanent problems or death.
- Medication errors – Wrong drug or wrong drug dose given to patient causing long-term / permanent damage or death.
We are sorry that we cannot provide assistance on other types of cases at this time.
Common Medical Mistakes
- Leaving surgical sponges, instruments or other objects in patient
- Operating on the wrong side of the body
- Medication errors
- Post-surgical infections (failure to diagnose or treat infections)
Medical Malpractice Statistics
In a Harvard Medical Practice Study, it was found that more than 180,000 people die every year due to medical mistakes. Medication errors are responsible for harming about 1.5 million people every year for giving the wrong medication, wrong dosage or wrong administration.
If you believe that you have been injured due to the negligence of a medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation. A medical malpractice lawyer is the legal aid that you need. Medical malpractice attorney and author Christopher M. Davis offers a free, no obligation consultation. Call Davis Law Group for a free consultation, (206) 727-4000.
Medical Malpractice Articles
- Medication Errors Preventable with E-Prescriptions
- How the Worst Hospitals in the U.S. Treat Patients
- Medical Mistakes: The leading cause of accidental deaths in America
- Never Events: Malpractice Investigation Reveals Injection Risks
- Dental X-rays Linked to Brain Tumors, Research Says
- Washington State Chiropractor Fined $20,000 for Excessive Treatment to Accident Victims
- Missed Diagnoses Make Up Majority of Malpractice Claims
- Birth Injuries: Causes and Long-Term Effects of Erb’s Palsy
- Medical Mistakes: How Do Surgical Sponges Get Left Inside Patients?
- Medical Devices Not as Safe as You Might Think
Related Case Results
- Nurse Burns Infant and Causes Permanent Damage SettlementAwarded : $700,000
- Medical Malpractice Leads to Permanent Injury SettlementAwarded : $1,600,000